Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

May Beauty Favorites


So in May, I had a list of planned blog posts but they all kinda fell to the wayside because I just got a new job! I am currently a Marketing/Media intern for the California State Fair. I love it so far, I love the environment, the people I work with, the tasks I get to do: designing fliers and campaigns for their website, signage, inputting data entry for their app, etc. And starting in June, I will be participating in some community events for the fair. I also really love the State Fair: it occurs annually in July, and I go brave it despite the torturous 88–100°F weather. I love the food (fatty everything and deep fried cookie dough), rides (Cecilio hates rides so we just go on the Ferris wheel), farm animals, cooling off with watermelon lemonade, fine art exhibits, and watching the fireworks. Unfortunately, I am only a seasonal worker and will be there until the end of July, but it's a great way to get the experience I need for future jobs. I feel more passionate and alive.

But I don't want to ignore this blog! I want to, and will, post more in June. I've gotten some new beauty goodies (mostly from April) that I want to share with you, that I've been loving:

1. Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick (Catnip, Craft, Kathryn)
I wrote about how much I much I loved the shade Catnip, (bottom pictured) that I went to go buy 2 other shades: Kathryn and Craft! Kathryn was another love at first swipe shade, the warm rosy pink suits me so well without being loud. I've been using it a lot. And Craft is a pinkish plum that's gorgeous to wear all year round. I work across the street from the mall, so I have to resist temptation from going after work. I've only gone twice though since this job: once for trying to fix my phone at the Apple store, and then the second time for getting my brows done at the Benefit Brow Bar.

I recently got this from my ColourPop haul, and it's my favorite among the Ultra Satin bunch. It's still pretty drying, but not as much as the Ultra Matte liquid lipstick. This is similar to the ABH shade in Kathryn I just mentioned, but only at $6 instead of $20.

3. ColourPop Super Shock Cheek (Cheerio)
I've been using this deep raspberry blush when I am in a hurry but I still want to look glowing. I love the creamy gel consistency of the ColourPop Blushes, and they last a long time.

4. ELF Blush Palette (Dark)
Sometimes I wonder why I spent so much money on blushes when this baby beats even my higher end ones from MAC, Tarte, The Balm, etc. It's SO pigmented (almost as much pigment as the NARS blushes) that I have to be careful to not swipe on too much! All of my blush brushes pick up so much product on each shade. It's so wonderful. Best of all, it's only $6!

5. Viva La la Juicy Eau de Parfum
I got this during the 3x point offer at Sephora, and not only do I adore the super-girly packaging, but I love the sweet notes of amber, caramel, vanilla, sandalwood, and praline. It's sweet like candy, but not sickenly so. It's a wonderful scent for spring and summer, and it lasts all day!

6. Maybelline Color Tattoo eyeshadows (Bad to the Bronze, Tough As Taupe,  Barely Branded, Chocolate Suede)
I've tried these before but they faded. Without eyeshadow primer, it's no use for me even though they claim to last 24 hours. They're great to apply with just fingers, especially when I'm in a hurry. But I use brushes with them too. I like using Chocolate Suede as a liner over my top lash line.

What items have you been loving this May?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar